Friday, September 4, 2009

We're Moving!!!


Lee got into the endo program at UAB. We both are so excited. Lee is obviously excited because this is the specialty that he really wanted to do and UAB was his #1 choice. I am excited because I love Birmingham. We went with him on his interview. While his was at the school all day Lily and I shopped and drove around. It was so pretty and there are so many things to do. I was telling Lee on the drive home that there was something about birmingham that felt like home. I just had a peace about moving there. Even though it is scary moving to a completely new place where you don't have the comfort of home and family, I think it will be a fun adventure. I also am excited becuase we are still going to be close to family. We are 3.5 hours from jackson and memphis and only 2 hours from atlanta. Oh, and we're still close to the beach, that is very important.

I just feel so blessed that Lee has not only gotten into school but that he got into UAB. He has been to visit several different schools over that last year and a half and Birmingham was by far his #1 choice. I know God always has a plan but sometimes its hard to see at first. He was very discouraged after not getting into a school last year but I feel like God was giving us this year to adjust to being parents before Lee jumped back into studying ALL the time. This is very bitterswweet because we have made some many good friends and we have really settled here in Jackson. I am going to miss going to friends at 8:00 in the morning in my pajamas to let the kids play and just visit, I'm going to for sure miss the cooking co op we have started. I have loved only cooking one day a week and having hot meals for four nights. I'm going to miss my bunco group, sunday school, my walking buddies, being right around the corner from Lees sister and parents, the list could go on and on. I am going to miss everyone so much but we'll be back in two years!! We'll be back so soon!!!

1 comment:

The Long Family said...

It's so exciting! I think Birmingham would be a great place to live. You may love it so much you stay. Congratulations to Lee! I know you are both so excited !