Friday, October 2, 2009
Cooking Co-op
Two months ago I started a dinner swap with three of my friends and I LOVE it! The concept is that you have four hot meals a week. One night you cook for your family and three other familes and deliver the meals to their door. The other nights someone else cooks and brings it to you! So we have dinner 4 nights a week and I'm only having to cook once. It has been fabulous. Before we started this I would buy groceries to cook 4 or 5 meals during the week and somehow managed to cook just 1 meal. I am not the best at cooking every night. So Lee would get home from work and we would decide to go out to eat. This has not only helped our eating out budget but I'm spending less at the grocery. Instead of buying a bunch of different ingredients for 4 or 5 meals, I'm buying in bulk for one meal. This is one thing I'm really going to miss in Birmingham. Now in the afternoons I'm able to go on a walk, play with Lily or do things around the house instead of running around trying to get dinner ready. All I have to do is get it from the cooler on my front porch and ENJOY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is awesome!
Post a Comment