About a month ago I made a trip to Memphis to see my grandfather for the last time. We got the call on Thursday morning that he wasn't doing well and probably wouldn't make it and Friday after Lee got off work we headed to see him. That week was a time spent with family. Although it was such a sad time it was such a great week. I got to spend so much time with my family and I know papa would have wanted it that way. We had lunch and dinner together, we shopped, ran errands, and did so much more together. I am so sad the reason we were together but so thankful that I have such a wonderful family. I have so many great memories growing up spending time at my grandparents house with all the cousins. We are so close and I thank my parents and grandmother and papa for that. I remember playing hide and seek in their big backyard, riding the zip line that papa created, watching papa make stain glass in the basement, watching old yeller, taking up every square inch of floor around papa and grandmothers bed with our pallets at night, papa sitting in his swing on the porch listening to storms, grandmothers yummy pancakes, and catching lightning bugs. There are so many great memories that I have growing up and I am so thankful for that. Thinking about my childhood, I can only hope that I can give our children the same memories and fun times as I had. Although I will miss him I am confident I will see him again. He can see, hear, walk, and talk now. He is finally healed!




1 comment:
I was so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I know he is better now but it's tough. Great memories!
Post a Comment