Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sweet Lily

Lily has been so sweet to Allie since we have been home from the hospital. She wasn't too sure about her at first but has been great since we have gotten home. Yesterday my mom left and of course I was an emotional disaster all day. I knew that was going to happen regardless of whether she left after a week or a month. I did this with Lily and of course I did it yesterday. Anyway, after she left I had to go get Lily from school and I was really teary. When we got home I got Allie out of the car seat and I guess I startled her and she lost it. Lily immediately starts handing me her "mink," her blanket, and saying mommy give her this, make her feel better. It was the sweetest thing. So, of course I lost it and cried for another 10 minutes. If you know Lily and her mink you know that it is a big deal for her to share it with anyone.
Today has been a much better day. Allie slept great last night, I fed her at 9:30, 3, 6 and then she slept till 9. It sounds so funny saying I got good sleep waking up that much but having a two week old getting up that little is amazing. Today we have just been hanging out around the house playing inside and outside. It is gorgeous here.

No comments: