Friday, February 11, 2011

Mary Allison Grubbs is here!

Allie was born on feb 3, 2011 at 3:11 pm. She weighed 7 lbs 14 oz and was 20 in long.
The Delivery:
We went in that morning at 6:30 to be induced. The night before I was starting to get a little emotional about Lily and what was to come. I knew we were going to love allie just the same as we do Lily and that Lily would love Allie so much but I couldn't help but be emotional about how this was going to effect Lily. I knew what was coming and how time consuming newborns are and I was so worried about how she would handle everything. Of course she woke up at 6 that morning which I was kind of glad so I could spend a little time with her before we left for the hospital. Normally all she wants is my mom but this morning all she wanted was me. She was screaming as we were walking out the door. I cried the whole way to the hospital. Lee dropped me off at the door and as I was signing in I had huge tears in my eyes but somewhat kept it together. A lady came around the corner and said you can follow me to your room and then asked how I was, that's when the real tears started. I couldn't stop crying. I was a mess. I finally calmed down after a few minutes and was fine the rest of the day. When I saw Allie's sweet little face I knew it was all going to be ok. So, back to delivery. They hooked me up to the monitors and Dr. Barron came in around 7:30 to break my water. Then around 8:15 they started the pitocin. When I got to the hospital I was only 2 cm and 50% effaced. By around 1:30 I was 9.5 cm and ready to start pushing. My nurse told the ladies at the desk that we were about to start and to call the dr. We started pushing and after about 3 pushes she said we have about two more pushes and I'm calling the dr. About that time over the intercom we hear Dr. Barron is in surgery don't start pushing. So, an HOUR later Dr. Barron shows up and we are able to continue. We probably pushed 5 or 6times and Allie was out! She looks just like her big sis and is the sweetest baby! We are so in love.




Lily was not excited at all about Allie in the hospital. I think it was all a little overwhelming.

After her first bath.





1 comment:

Jessica said...

So Sweet ! So happy for y'all, hope all is well and you are adjusting:) She's absolutely adorable!